Monday, June 8, 2009

First Trial

I have been procrastinating about this (setting up a blog) for a while now. But today I finally set my mind to it and decided to take the plunge. In fact today is a day of many decisive and potentially life altering decisions. Along with starting this up I have also decided to quit drinking (alcohol) and to determined to no longer be "Mr Nice Guy" and let people walk all over me. June 8th is the beginning of a new chapter in my life and hopefully one that will be marked with success and happiness. 

I have always loved reading and writing but have not dedicated a lot of time to the latter. there have been perennial excuses, too busy with work, poor connections etc. But all that's been put to an end. The buck has finally stopped! 

So what does one write in a blog? This one is titled my reflections so it will be a melting pot of ideas, thoughts, ideas and opinions on an array of issues. I currently live and work in Kampala, Uganda and this city has a million stories to be told. So I guess that is a good starting point as any. 

I am passionate about motivation and self improvement so I will also talk about stories to inspire and uplift others. One of the most influential quotes I have ever comer cross states that "if you are not making a difference then you do not matter" I wholeheartedly believe this and live by it. I try to make a difference, no matter how small whenever the opportunity presents itself. This blog is just one such opportunity so heres hoping it touches many and makes some sort of difference. Here's hoping we all enjoy the ride.
Farai

No comments:

Post a Comment